Bonaventura Clotet, MD, PhD
Bonaventura Clotet MD, PhD is currently head of the Infectious Diseases Department (Hospital Universitàri “Germans Trias i Pujol” in Badalona, Catalonia. He is also Director of the Retrovirology Laboratory “IrsiCaixa” Foundation, since 1995, and President of the “Lluita contra la SIDA” Foundation since 1992. Since 2006, he is co-director of the HIVACAT project for the development of the AIDS vaccine in Catalonia. He is associated professor of Medicine at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) since 1986, and Professor of the “Chair of AIDS and related diseases” at the University of VIC (UVIC-UCC) since October 2013.
• More than 700 papers in international journals. Accumulative Impact factor: >5.000. Citations: >17,200. Average Citations per Item: 24.42. H-index: 81
• Director of the Master in AIDS Pathogenesis and Treatment (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona) since 2011.
• In October 2012, he was awarded by the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya) with the Josep Trueta medal to Sanitary Merit for his contributions to the research in the HIV field.
• In April 2013, he was honoured as Doctor Honoris Causa at the University Carol Davila in Bucharest (Rumania).
• Dr. Clotet’s team is composed by more than 100 people working at the clinics and at the lab focusing on HIV, hepatitis, drug development, cancer, papiloma virus, metagenomics, other infectious diseases and aging.
• In April 2016, Dr Clotet has been awarded with the 'Creu de St. Jordi' for being one of the most internationally renowned HIV researchers. “Creu de Sant Jordi' is one of the highest awards that a person can receive from the Government of Catalonia.